Thursday, April 29, 2010

Texas on My Mind

This summer I'm going to Texas!! I have an internship in the middle of nowhere at boy's summer camp where I will be helping run the foodservice operation. And when I say "helping run", I mean I will be a lunch lady. But as my sister said, a hot lunch lady! Booyah, I'll have a bunch of 8 year-olds having crushes on me, can it get any better?!
In the beginning, I was supposed to go to an awesome internship in Virgina, a short drive away from D.C. where I would be at a large conference center, but after a couple short-lived promises and a lot of bad communication, that fell through. At first, I was heart broken, mainly because I was so psyched to go to this place and be on the East Coast, but also because I was not sure what I was going to do. For my major, we have to have a 400hr internship to graduate, so basically you have to do it over the summer, or take a whole semester off. At this point in time most places already have their intern lined up and since I am getting married next summer (woohoo!) I started freaking out. But God has his own plan and his own timing and always looks over his people, so now I will be fighting off bugs, sleeping in a bunk, and having a great time lying by the lake all while getting paid and getting credit for school!
I know it isn't really what I expected to get as an internship, and I am not sure what it will be like, but I know God will teach me as I am going. Plus, I get to wear a hairnet all summer!!

No comments: