Monday, April 5, 2010

Why, Hello Mr. Darcy!

On Saturday night, after I got off of work, I went home and decided to relax, watch tv, and massage my feet! As I was flipping through the channels, I stopped on E! which was playing Pride and Prejudice. I decided to watch what was left of it and really enjoyed it. I have never read the book and now I am excited to go out and read it.

But now, when I talk to myself, I sometimes am talking in a British accent. I don't know why I am doing this and cannot seem to stop. My only explanation for this is because of the movie. I realized I was doing it today as I was putting the way the dishes and thinking about all I had to do today, and I realized, my conscience was talking British. I don't know how to make it stop! I am afraid I am going to open my mouth to talk to a guest at work, my boss, my roommate, a classmate, the fiance, anyone really...and I am going to say something with a British accent. The worst part is: I am terrible at accents and my conscience is too! Hopefully I don't make a fool out of myself, and hopefully no one decides to lock me up in a straight jacket after this crazy confession!

No comments: