Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Ain't Never Had Too Much Fun

Tonight, during work, while I was folding my thousands of towels, I was singing right along with the radio. I love to sing, even have the nickname American Idol from my bro-in-law. The only problem is I'm awful with lyrics! Often times I come to a part I don't know in the song, so I just make up words or sing jibberish until it comes to a part I know (typically the chorus). Well last night the song, I Ain't Never Had Too Much Fun by Trace Adkins came on, sure enough I start singing, and for the first time in my life I realized that the lyrics went:
Too much fun whats that mean
It's like too much money, there's no such thing
It's like a girl too pretty, with too much class
I had always sang it: It's like a girl too pretty with too much glass. Now I knew this didn't make sense (well I hope I knew this), but I honest to goodness thought this is what he sang. I just figured it was one of the phrases I never understood. Well finally, after singing this song since I was probably 4, I got the lyrics right!! So take that all you doubters : )

No comments: