Thursday, July 15, 2010

a letter

Dear Kansas:
Oh how I miss you! I miss how your McDonald's has the Big N' Tasty on the dollar menu. I miss how people wave, smile, and ask how your day was. I miss your gorgeous sunsets. I miss your subtleness, like your too shy to let the other states know how amazing you are. Shipoopi misses your small, rolling hills and absolutely hates these steep inclines here.

Speaking of her...

Dear Shipoopi:
Thank you for bringing me to Texas and please make it back to Kansas with me safe and sound. I know your getting old and your knees are tired, but I promise sooner rather then later I'll get you to a nice retirement home, where you'll no longer have to try to make it up hills or deal with my crazy lead foot...BUT....you have to get me back home first, or else missy!

Dear Manhattan:
Are you still doing construction everywhere? If so, can you please make it go away before I come back! Oh and can you work on the whole draining issue because it rains a lot and you flood way to easy. Also, Shipoopi, my roommates, and myself would greatly appreciate it if you could make our alley flat, no pot holes, and preferably paved!


Dear Fiance:
Mmm I miss you, I miss your smell, your smile, your ears, how you understand that my toes get cold and I need someone to sit on them or how I get all stressed out and freak out and you always come me down. I miss the way you make me laugh to tears, I miss our comfortable silences, our movie nights, our late night WalMart runs, everything..basically I miss your you.


Dear Family:
I miss you..do you miss me? I was hoping to have a call, a text, or an email from some family member every once in a while, but nothing. I am the only one who hasn't got any mail, but that's okay, I know you guys are busy. I love you all to pieces and can't wait to see you. It's weird to think you guys are getting ready for the fair, or going to the lake, or the pool, or going on vacations, or moving on, or catching up, and I am not there to see it all happen. I pray for you all and hopefully everything is good up north! I love you and can't wait for a big hug from each of you!


Dear Camp:
I dislike you, I am sorry to say, but shortly I will break up with you and it'll be one of the best days ever! I dislike that there are only a handful of other females. I dislike how all these males have more drama then an all-girl high school. I dislike how the campers are rude, don't know the words please and thank you, and complain about everything. I dislike how you took me away from my family. I dislike how you make me work 12 hours a day in a kitchen that has no A/C, old equipment, and mean Hungarian dishwashers who wear only their tighty-whities when they go swimming, gross! (This will be another blog for another time). I do like the fact, though, that you have taught me I can handle work in tough situations, i.e having two supervisors go through in less than 4 weeks. I also like the fact that you brought me a new friend, whom I love! Also, I guess, I like the fact that you pay me, so that I can get married woot woot!

No comments: